Idaho Colleges & Universities
Idaho has a system of universities and colleges throughout the state. Several of these are located in the southern part of the state, including one in Boise—Boise State University. Beginning its history as a junior college, BSU has grown over the years to become the state's largest public university, and its only urban educational facility. The University offers a wide variety of undergraduate degree programs as well as Masters‘ and Doctorates. The school also continues to develop—with the assistance of local companies like Micron—their Engineering College, which feeds these companies with well-educated employees.
Boise State also provides a significant amount of resources to the community, including use of their sporting facilities for local high schools, the Morrison Center for the Performing Arts, its buildings for high-school competitive activities (Speech, Debate, Drama, etc.). BSU also has a catalog of distance learning classes, which enables students from all over the nation to take part in classes regardless of their physical location.
In addition to Boise State University, other post-compulsory educational facilities include:
- University of IdahoLocated in Moscow, Idaho, it is the state‘s land grant university located six hours north of Boise. It is also located only eight miles from its Washington coun-terpart, Washington State University.
- North Idaho CollegeLocated in Coeur d‘Alene, Idaho. NIC is located eight hours north of Boise.
- Lewis-Clark State CollegeLocated in Lewiston, Idaho, and five hours north of Boise.
- Idaho State UniversityPocatello, Idaho. Located in east Idaho, four hours east of Boise.
- BYU IdahoLocated in Rexburg, five hours east-northeast of Boise, and affiliated with BYU in Utah.
- Albertson College of IdahoLocated in Caldwell. Oldest 4-year school in Idaho. Private, liberal arts.
- Northwest Nazarene UniversityLocated in Nampa. Private, liberal arts school with executive MBA.
- ITT Technical InstituteLocated in Boise. Two-year associate degrees & technical training.
- Apollo CollegeMedical and Dental Arts.
- Stevens-Henager CollegeVariety of degrees and professional programs.
- Academy of Professional CareersMedical, Dental and Legal courses.
- University of PhoenixVariety of degrees and professional programs.
Discover more of life in Boise & the Treasure Valley with Mike Brown Group's online relocation guide! Find out about health care, employment, shopping & more.