Blooming Flowers + Pot of Gold
March has arrived, and we are officially on the countdown to welcoming the first day of spring! Hopefully, the luck of the Irish will bring blooming trees and flowers and longer daylight hourss!
From country concerts to a galaxy far, far away to Zoolala and pub crawls– whether you are Irish or looking for a pot of gold, there’s plenty of luck to go around and activities to experience!
St. Patrick’s Day Events
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a run and then recover with an Irish bar crawl. There is more than one to choose from, so take your lucky pick!
You don’t have to travel to Montana to experience one of the largest St. Patty’s Day celebrations! Butte in Boise will serve up Authentic Pork Chop Sandwiches, Authentic Butte Pasties, Guinness Braised Corned Beef Brisket with Steamed Cabbage, Cottage Pie & Shepherd’s Pie, and so much more!
- YMCA St. Patrick’s Day Run: March 11, 9:30am
- Boise Luck of the Irish St Patrick’s Day Weekend Bar Crawl: March 11, 1pm-8pm
- St. Paddy’s Party at the Sapphire Room: March 16, 7pm
- Butte in Boise – A St. Patrick’s Day Celebration: March 17, 5pm-9pm
- St. Patrick’s Day at Mad Swede Brewing: March 17, 5pm-10pm
- Sawtooth Winery St. Patrick’s Day!: March 17, 7pm
- St. Patrick’s Day at Ironwood: March 17, 8pm
- Anything But Pants St. Paddy’s Day Bar Crawl: March 17, 9pm
- The 6th Annual Lucky’s St. Patrick’s Day Crawl: March 17 & 18
- St. Patrick’s Day Party: March 18, 12pm-4pm
Experience the majestic animals of Gorongosa through the lens of the award-winning cinematographer and filmmaker Bob Poole, at the National Geographic LIVE – Nature Roars Back.
Are you a devoted Star Wars fan? Channel your inner Jedi and immerse yourself in a galaxy far, far away. The Fans Strike Back Exhibition is an experience for the whole family– the exceptional staging of the most popular Star Wars sets, a stunning depiction of a spaceship battle, and even a special selection of mythical weapons, helmets, film masks signed by actors, and iconic creatures from the legendary saga.
- The Fans Strike Back: Opening March 6
- National Geographic Live – Nature Roars Back: March 7, 7pm
- Boise Philharmonic – Sonic Boom! Family Concert: March 18, 2pm
- Paw Patrol Live!: March 18-19
- Spring Equinox Drum Circle: March 19, 4pm
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast: March 23, 7:30pm
Sweat off those extra winter goodies with an endurance run! Or run the one-mile leprechaun loop at the YMCA St. Patrick’s Day Run.
Or work on your golf game at the Spring in Full Swing. Golf Tec will be offering 10 min swing analysis, Active Chiropractic Meridian will be demonstrating the Class IV Deep Tissue Laser Therapy, and the StretchLab is offering free assisted stretches and going over the benefits of PNF-assisted stretching and how it can help with your golf game.
- Spring in Full Swing!: March 9, 5pm
- YMCA St. Patrick’s Day Run: March 11, 9:30am
- Pulse Endurance Runs: March 16
Festivals & Events
There’s nothing quite like welcoming spring with a home show, and we love the Boise Spring Home Show! Get inspired with over 200 displays stretching over three expo buildings.
The Home Show isn’t the only show coming this month! From the Boise Flower & Garden Show to the Boise Roadster Show– there are plenty of action-packed and hobby experiences to choose from!
- Great Idaho Gun Show: March 4-5
- 50th Boise Roadster Show: March 10-12
- Monster Jam: March 1-12
- Sunset at the Zoo – Adult Night: March 16, 6pm
- Boise Spring Home Show: March 16-19
- ZooLaLa – Adult Zoo Evening: March 18, 5pm-8pm
- Treefort Music Fest: March 22-26
- Idaho Cutting Horse Association: March 22-26
- Boise Flower & Garden Show: March 24-26
- Zoo Boise – Paint and Pinot: March 30, 6pm
Arts & Music
An iconic country singer, a Celtic rock band, and a musical– the lineup for the art and music scene is filled with goodness!
The Young Dubliners are releasing their first independent album funded by their fanbase, and they are hitting the road and making a stop in Boise! Spend an evening at the Knitting Factory listening to your favorite Irish band.
Where are our old-school country lovers? Reba McEntire is coming to the Ford Idaho Center!
HAIRSPRAY, Broadway’s Tony Award-winning musical comedy phenomenon, is back on tour!
- Elderbrook – Little Love Tour: March 1, 8pm
- Marauda: March 2, 8pm
- Static-X: March 3, 6:30pm
- Young Dubliners: March 3, 8pm
- World Ballet Series – Cinderella: March 3, 7pm
- Maddie Zahm, Corook: March 4, 8pm
- DJ K. Nasty: March 4, 9pm
- Hirie: March 5, 8pm
- Token: March 7, 7pm
- Kolton Moore & The Clever Few: March 7, 8:30pm
- Jason Isbell: March 8, 8pm
- Readings & Conversations with Joy Harjo: March 9, 7:30pm
- The Wonder Years: March 9, 7:30
- Show Me the Body: March 10, 7pm
- Badflower: March 11, 7:30pm
- Walter Trout: March 13, 7:30pm
- Ryan Adams: March 15, 8pm
- Mania The Abba Tribute: March 17, 8pm
- Intocable – Evolución Tour 2023: March 17, 8pm
- Big Wild: March 17, 8pm
- Borgore: March 18, 7pm
- Heather McMahan – The Comeback Tour: March 19, 7pm
- Weyes Blood: March 19, 8pm
- Kevin James – The Irregardless Tour: March 22
- Old 97’s: March 22, 8pm
- Reba McEntire: March 24, 6:30pm
- Hairspray: March 24-26
- Rick Ross: March 25, 6pm
- Black Violin: March 28, 7:30pm
- Jerry Cantrell: March 29, 8pm
- Sullivan King: March 30, 8pm
- Yeat: March 31, 7pm
Don’t stay stuck in the winter blues! Spring is a transition of new– it’s Mother Nature reminding us that a fresh start is not only something that looks good but feels good. From spring cleaning to enjoying the fresh spring air, the longer days and warmer temperatures invite us to be excited for all the possibilities a new season brings!
“May you have all the happiness and luck that life can hold—and at the end of your rainbows, ay you find a pot of gold.” – Irish Blessing