It’s the official kick-off to summer this weekend! As school wraps up for the year, longer sunny days, and the abundance of things to do in the Treasure Valley, it’s no wonder why you might have an added spring in your step as you head into June.
We know you want to find activities to do with friends and family but you also don’t want to spend hours looking for things to do. After all, the beautiful weather and longer days are calling you to get out and enjoy, so why be stuck inside searching for what to do next.
Beyond outdoor activities like hiking, rafting, or riding your bike along the trails, we want to help you enjoy the variety of events going on around the Treasure Valley so you can maximize your summer adventures. From festivals like the Idaho Shakespeare Festival – Much Ado About Nothing in the outdoor amphitheater or spending the afternoon celebrating dad for Father’s Day cruising through the Downtown Boise’s 19th Annual FREE Father’s Day Car Show, there is something for everyone to get out and have fun.
Father’s Day is a chance to celebrate all they do for us from coaching games, fixing bikes, and making us laugh with the “Dad Jokes”, dads are something special. Honoring your special granddads, foster dad, step-dad, or mentor by spending time having fun is a great way to honor him this Father’s Day.
Skip buying the funky socks or a ratchet set to put in the garage (unless he just needs one). Instead, treat him to one of these special Father’s Day activities. Car Shows to the Father’s Day breakfast at the Boise Zoo, or celebrate the dad in your life by taking him to one of these events this month.
- Fathers’ Day Mug Painting Workshop: June 3, 4pm
- Wild West Brewfest: June 18, 5pm
- Franz Witte’s Father’s Day Festival: June 18
- Touchmark Father’s Day Weekend Classic Car Show: June 18
- WCP Boise Father’s Day: June 18-19
- Downtown Boise’s 19th Annual FREE Father’s Day Car Show: June 19
- Father’s Day Breakfast – Zoo Boise: June 19
- Make-A-Wish Idaho at the Boise Hawks: June 19
- Hometown Father’s Day Show – Eilen Jewell + Steve Fulton: June 19 7pm
School is out and beyond the camps, you want to make memories with fun activities close to home.
If you want to “not talk about Bruno” then you’ll want to grab your ticket to the Movie Night in Meridian for Friday, June 10th to watch Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Encanto! Sing, dance, and maybe shed a little tear while you watch this fantastic movie on the blow-up big screen. Encanto is just the first in a Friday night lineup at the Meridian Sparklight Movie Night, so grab your friends, picnic blanket, and your favorite snacks for this free family fun movie night.
Does your family love camping with the animals, but would rather be in the city than smacking mosquitos in the wild? The Idaho Zoo is hosting a Snooze at the Zoo Overnight where you can have the best of both worlds without worrying about what might crawl into your tent. You’ll camp under the stars at the zoo and learn more about creatures who call the zoo home from Zoo experts.
More fun events to keep your family making memories all month long.
- Family Summer Palooza: June 4, 10am
- Family Pet Expo: June 4, 10am
- Movie Night in Meridian: Every Friday Night, June 10- August 19
- Family Fun Day 2022: June 11, 1pm
- Shrine Circus 2022: June 17-19
- Snooze at the Zoo Overnight: June 24, 6:30pm
- Baby Shark Live 2022 Splash Tour: June 30, 6pm
Festivals and Events
Now that summer is here, festivals and events happen almost every weekend. Kick-off your weekends at one of the local markets for fresh produce, hand-crafted products, and food vendors to keep your energy up while you shop.
Flower’s, Stock Horses shows and Brew Festivals are just a few of the festivals and events in the Treasure Valley this month you’ll want to attend this month.
- Boise Farmers Market: Saturdays 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Meridian Main Street Market: Saturdays 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Boise Saddle & Jump: June 3-5
- 2022 NPC Idaho Muscle Classic: June 4
- Idaho Brewshed Beer Festival: June 4, 4pm
- Bohemian Poppy and Butterfly Festival: June 4-5
- Great Idaho Gun Show: June 4-5
- Art & Roses 2022: June 5, 10am
- Eagle Rodeo: June 8-11
- Gene Kleiner Day: June 11
- 39th Annual Saturday in the Park Car Show: June 11, 10am
- Gem State Stock Horse: June 11-12
- Savor Idaho: June 12, 11:30am & 3pm
- Mimosa Festival: June 12, 12pm
- The Emmett Cherry Festival: June 15
- Wild West Brewfest: June 18, 5pm
- Gordy’s Hwy 30 Music Fest 2022: June 22-25
- Meridian Dairy Days: June 22-25
- Bohemian Lavender Festival: June 25, 2pm
Arts & Music
- Joe Jackson – The Sing, You Sinners! Tour: June 1, 7pm
- Starset: June 1, 7pm
- Idaho Shakespeare Festival – Much Ado About Nothing: June 1-11
- Chris Stapleton: June 2, 7pm
- Porangui – The Beautiful Way Tour: June 2, 7:30pm
- Stage Coach Theatre – Ben Hur: June 2-18
- Puffs – Boise Little Theater: June 3-18
- R&B Motor City Soul Experience: June 3, 7pm
- Patton Oswalt Live – Who’s Ready to Laugh?: June 4, 7pm
- Weird Al Yankovic: June 6, 7pm
- New Kids on the Block: June 6-7, 7:30pm
- Crown the Empire – The Fallout 10 Year Anniversary Tour: June 7, 7pm
- Calexico: June 8, 8pm
- One Night with Nikki Glaser: June 9, 7pm
- Hello Dolly! at Music Theatre of Idaho: June 9-11
- Tropical Latin Party: June 10, 8pm
- Knotfest Roadshow: June 11, 6:30pm
- Iliza – Back in Action Tour: June 11, 7pm & 9:45pm
- The Black Angels: June 11, 8pm
- AJR – The OK Orchestra Tour: June 12, 7:30pm
- Alive After Five – True Lovers: June 15, 5pm
- Halsey Love & Power Tour: June 15, 7pm
- Bright Eyes & Hurray for the Riff Raff: June 15, 8pm
- Hot Tuna: June 17, 7pm
- Idaho Shakespeare Festival – Ain’t Misbehavin’: June 17-30
- Rhodes Hull Live: June 18, 7pm
- Neko Case: June 19, 7:30pm
- Broadway in Boise – Dear Evan Hansen: June 21-26
- Alive After Five – Mr. Grant Olsen: June 22, 5pm
- Jacksons Country Stomp: June 24, 6pm
- OG Maco & Yung Simmie with 10k. Caash: June 24, 8pm
- Dirty Heads – Let’s Get it Kraken Tour: June 28, 6pm
- Ween: June 28, 7:30pm
- Bob Dylan – Rough and Rowdy Ways Tour: June 28, 8pm
- Walk for Wishes: June 3
- Capitol Classic Kids Run: June 4, 10am
- Access to Justice FUND Run/Walk: June 4, 10am
- Run for Dunn: June 5, 10:30am
- Idaho Yoga Week Community Celebration Class: June 5, 1:30pm
- Run the Race for refugees and the world: June 11, 8am
- Boise AIDS Walk 2022: June 11, 10am