May is an amazing time of year in the Treasure Valley! The weather transitions from rain to warmer temperatures, the days grow longer, and the landscape blooms into vibrant colors.
The beautiful outdoors is calling our name, and there’s no shortage of activities to experience! From art festivals and farmer’s markets to celebrating moms and Cinco de Mayo, country concerts, and a night out at the zoo – May will certainly keep you busy!
Mother’s Day is a special occasion to celebrate and honor the incredible women in our lives who have given us love, support, and guidance. It’s a time to show appreciation for the sacrifices they have made and the unwavering devotion they have shown.
Sip on mimosas, listen to live music, and shop at the Mother’s Day Market! With over 50 different vendors, you will surely find the perfect gift for the Mom in your life!
- Mother’s Day Market: May 13, 10 am-4pm
- Zoo Boise – Mother’s Day Brunch: May 14, 9am
Cinco de Mayo!
It’s time to celebrate Mexican heritage and recognize the Mexican-Americans’ contributions to American culture. It’s a time to come together, enjoy delicious food and drinks, and appreciate the rich cultural traditions of Mexico.
- Cinco de Mayo – Indian Creek Plaza: May 5, 5pm
- Cinco de Mayo at Humpin’ Hannah’s!: May 5, 5pm
- Cinco de Mayo Festival – Nampa: May 5, 5 pm-8pm
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta: May 5, 9pm
- Miniature Horse Show: May 5-7pm
- MOCFEST! 2023: May 20-21
With over 100 exhibitors promoting their brands and demonstrating the latest in sports and fitness clubs, you won’t want to miss the Health & Fitness Expo. Learn about nutrition, shop supplements, sports equipment, apparel, and more!
- Health & Fitness Expo: May 6, 10am-5pm
Festivals & Events
In one week, the Boise area’s most anticipated spring event begins, The Boise Parade of Homes. The parade has a long-standing tradition of displaying a variety of spectacular new construction homes, offering home builders associated with the Building Contractors Association the opportunity to showcase their creativity in floor plan design while introducing exciting new design trends to attendees.
The Boise Spring Parade of Homes begins Saturday, May 6th and runs through Sunday, May 21st. Homes will be open and available for in-person tours Tuesdays through Thursdays from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. and Fridays through Sundays from Noon to 8 p.m.
- Beltane Fantasy Festival: May 6-7
- Boise Cinco de Mayo Weekend Bar Crawl: May 6, 1pm
- Experience Idaho: May 6, 10am-5pm
- Girls Day Out: May 6, 10am-5pm
- Quilt Craft & Sewing Festivals Boise: May 10-12
- Zoo’s Line is it Anyway?: May 12, 6pm
- 2023 Spring Market & Vintage Car Show: May 13, 9am-4pm
- Southern Idaho Food Truck Feastival 2023: May 13, 3pm
- Zoo Boise – Wine Safari: May 19, 5:30pm
- Idaho’s Largest Garage Sale: May 20, 7am-5pm
- Taste of Caldwell Wine Festival: May 20, 5 pm-8pm
- Zoo Boise – Adaptive Evening at the Zoo: May 25, 6pm
- Jefito Hats 3rd Annual Car Show: May 27
- Syringa Goat Show: May 27-28
Enjoy locally-grown produce, handmade crafts, and artisanal goods! You will find fresh local seasonal vegetables and fruit, locally raised protein, pastries, honey, jams and sauces, fresh-roasted coffee, and a delicious selection of ready-to-eat foods.
- Boise Farmers Market: Saturdays 9am-1pm
- Capital City Public Market: Saturdays 9:30am-1:30pm
- Meridian Main Street Market: Saturdays 9am-1pm
- Eagle Saturday Market: Saturdays 9am-1pm
- Kuna Farmers Market: Saturdays 9am-1pm
Arts & Music
With 30+ art and music experiences to choose from, there’s no doubt, memories will be made!
The mega country star, Luke Combs, is bringing his world tour to Albertson’s Stadium!
Celebrating 25 years of the Riverdance– a powerful reinvention of the Grammy Award-winning Irish and international dance. Fans of all ages will fall in love with the magic of Riverdance!
- Avatar: May 1, 7:30pm
- Atreyu: May 2, 6pm
- Swan Lake: May 4-7
- Sierra Ferrell: May 4, 8pm
- From Ashes to New: May 5, 8pm
- Ruston Kelly – The Weakness Tour: May 5, 8pm
- Skinny Puppy: May 6, 8pm
- TWRP, Magic Sword: May 7, 8pm
- Hippo Campus, Charly Bliss: May 8, 8pm
- Molchat Doma, Nuovo Testamento: May 9, 8pm
- Jordy Searcy, William Hinson, Phillip Vo: May 10, 8pm
- Party 101 with DJ Matt Bennett: May 11, 8pm
- Boise Music Week – State Fair: May 11-14
- Tropical Latin Party: May 12, 9pm
- Joseph, Flyte: May 13, 8pm
- Judy Collins: May 13, 8pm
- DJ AR & Yoel: May 13, 9pm
- Sparta, ‘68, Geoff Rickly: May 15, 8pm
- Alexandra Kay: May 16, 8pm
- Yves Tumor: May 17, 8pm
- Broadway Rave: May 19, 8:30pm
- Luke Combs: May 20, 5:45pm
- Boise Philharmonic – A Sea of Sound: May 20, 7:30pm
- John Cafferty and The Beaver Brown Band: May 20, 8pm
- George Michael Reborn: May 20, 8pm
- John Crist – The Emotional Support Tour: May 21, 4pm & 7pm
- Riverdance: May 23-25
- The Funky Knuckles: May 23, 8pm
- The Interrupters: May 24, 7:30pm
- Locals Nite at The Knit: May 25, 7:30pm
- Idaho Shakespeare Festival – Little Shop of Horrors: May 26-June 10
- Cali Classic Tour with Mack 10, Warren G., DJ Quick and more: May 26, 7:30pm
- $NOT: May 26, 8pm
- Deathtrap at Stage Coach Theatre: May 28-June 13
- The Home Team, The Ongoing Concept, Instant Crush: May 31, 8pm
Whether you are craving tacos and tequila, a night of music, or touring your dream home – May will be your month to check the boxes of all things fun and dreamy!