November is a time of transition, where fallen leaves pave the way for winter’s arrival. It’s a time when the community comes alive with a stronger sense of togetherness. It’s a month where the significance of “home” extends beyond your four walls, becoming a space of reunion, gratitude, and celebration. From festive events to the wholehearted moments of Thanksgiving, November invites us to not only enjoy the experiences the Treasure Valley offers but also to make time to reconnect with those that we hold dear, strengthening the camaraderieof friendship and family.
- Veterans Day Parade: November 4, 10am
- Veterans Parade: November 4, 10am
- Veterans Breakfast: November 5, 8am
- Veteran’s Day Potato Feed: November 10, 6pm
- Veterans Day Celebration: November 11, 11am
Veterans Day is a day to honor all of those who have served our country in times of war and peace. “We don’t know them all, but we owe them all.” -Anonymous
A time of reflection and acknowledging our blessings, Thanksgiving is more than just a day about food; it’s about strengthening our connection with our loved ones and celebrating community.
Whether you want to challenge your family with a Turkey Day 5K or prefer to bond among the Festival Trees, there are options for both!
- Pleasant View Turkey Trot 5K: November 11, 9am
- Telaya Bites – Thanksgiving with Roots Zero Waste Market: November 14, 6pm
- Festival of Trees: November 21-26
- Nampa Pumpkin Spice 5K: November 23, 8am
- Turkey Day 5k: November 23, 9am
- A Thanksgiving Comedy Show: November 25, 7pm
The beloved animated TV classic springs to life on stage at Boise State University, bringing Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and the entire Peanuts crew as they uncover the genuine spirit of Christmas. Ideal for audiences young and old, each show is complemented by a pre-show arts and crafts session for family enjoyment!
Don’t miss out on the Canyon County Christmas Show at the Ford Idaho Center– it will be a wonderful holiday experience for everyone!
Featuring more than 75 exhibits for your perusing and shopping enjoyment with a space for kids to expend their energy, Expo Idaho promises a day of fun for everyone in the family! It’s the perfect event for both adults and children to come together to explore, craft, and learn!
- Kids Discovery Expo: November 11, 10am-4pm
- Boise State University Theatre Arts – A Charlie Brown Christmas: November 16-December 3
- Riverside Rocks Art with Kids Rock Painting Class: November 15, 5:30pm
- Spider-Man into the Spider-Verse: November 16, 7pm
- Christmas in Color: November 17-January 1
- Canyon County Christmas Show: November 17-19
- Blippi – The Wonderful World Tour: November 24, 6pm
When the cold weather rolls in, it can be hard to find the motivation to stay active, but rain or shine, there are plenty of opportunities to lace up those tennis shoes and hit the ground running!
Festivals & Events
From swapping skis and browsing through all the trinkets at the flea market to planning your dream wedding– there are a wide variety of events and experiences in and around the Treasure Valley!
- Idaho Reined Cowhorse Association: October 28-November 5
- ICCKC Dog Trials: November 3-5
- Ski Swap: November 3-5
- Treasure Valley Flea Market: November 11-12
- Idaho Dream Wedding Expo: November 11-12
Arts & Music
It’s not too early to get excited for the holidays– gather your friends and family and experience the nostalgia of America’s favorite Christmas celebration, the Nutcracker!
“Mr. Saturday Night marks the fourth album from the Multi-Platinum-certified hardcore, West Coast/Lone Star country phenomenon Jon Pardi,” and he’s coming to the Ford Idaho Center!
The one-hour Netflix original Happy Face is now on a non-stop headlining tour, but not without making a stop in Boise. Armed with the unique perspective of growing up in rural Idaho to becoming a favorite in the New York stand-up comedy scene, Ryan Ham is one-of-a-kind, and you won’t want to miss this comedic experience!
- Operatini – The Falling and the Rising: November 2, 5:30pm
- Patty Griffin: November 2, 7pm
- Jon Pardi: November 2, 7pm
- Snow tha Product: November 2, 8pm
- 1st Annual – The Dark Harvest: November 3, 7pm
- Felipe Esparza: November 3, 8pm
- America’s Got Talent, Ahren Belisle: November 4, 7:30pm
- Portugal. The Man: November 4, 8pm
- Jonas Brothers: November 5, 7pm
- Cam Cole, Arthur Buezo: November 6, 8pm
- The Infamous Stringdusters, Cris Jacobs: November 7, 7pm
- ZZ Ward: November 8, 8pm
- My Fair Lady: November 8-9, 7:30pm
- Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, Dogs in a Pile: November 9, 7pm
- William Clark Green: November 10, 8pm
- The Fab Four performs The Beatles’ “Rubber Soul”: November 11, 7:30pm
- Reyes – La Fiesta Para Los Amantes De Un Perreo Bélico: November 11, 9pm
- Story of the Year: 20 Years Of Page Avenue: November 12, 7:30pm
- Nutcracker! Magical Christmas Ballet: November 14, 7pm
- Dragonforce, Amaranthe, Nanowar of Steel , Edge of Paradise: November 16, 7pm
- The New Pornographers: November 17, 8pm
- Freddie Gibbs: November 18, 8pm
- Ryan Hamilton: November 18, 8pm
- Real Friends, Knuckle Puck, One Step Closer, Arm’s Length: November 19, 7pm
- Ian Bagg: November 19, 7pm
- Jeremy Zucker: November 20, 7:30pm
- The 5 Browns: November 20, 7pm
- Blue October: November 21, 8pm
- Mannheim Steamroller Christmas: November 22, 7:30pm
- The Struts, Mac Saturn: November 22, 8pm
- Joy to the Word! A Sacred Christmas Celebration: November 25, 7pm
- One Night of Tina: A Tina Turner Tribute Show: November 25, 7:30pm
- Dirt Honey: November 28, 7:30pm
- Casey Donahew: November 29, 8pm
- Hadestown: November 29 – December 3
- Mammoth WVH, Nita Strauss: November 30, 7:30pm
From exploring local events to gathering around the table, it’s a month that truly celebrates heart, home, and community. Whether you’re in the process of finding a new house or making memories in a longtime family home, let’s embrace this season of gratitude. After all, a home is not just a place; it’s a feeling, and there’s no better time than November to enjoy the warmth and comfort this month brings!