The warm summer month of June brings outdoor adventures, a variety of festivals, and a Father’s Day celebration!
From dancing the day away at the Boise Music Festival to celebrating Cherry Trees and Busy Bees at the Emmett Cherry Festival, enjoying the magic of Aladdin, or exploring Old McDonalds Farm– there is something for everyone of every age to enjoy!
Whether you’re a longtime Idahoan seeking new experiences or a visitor looking to spice up your Idaho vacation, now is the perfect time to explore all June in the Valley has to offer!
Celebrate the extraordinary men in your life with a day at the winery or perusing a car show!
“Dads are most ordinary men, turned by love into heroes, adventurers, storytellers, and singers of song.” – Pam Brown
- Sawtooth Winery – Father’s Day Dinner: June 16, 6:30pm
- Father’s Day Car Show: June 18, 9am-3:30pm
- Ste. Chapelle Father’s Day Concert Ft. Diamond Empire Band: June 18, 11am-4:30pm
- Warhawk Air Museum – Father’s Day Weekend: June 18, 11am-4pm
Cows, a carnival, and a parade– the Meridian Dairy Days have been a Meridian summer staple for over 90 years!
Don’t miss out on the circus! Three nights of fun entertainment for the entire family!
- Super Soaker Showdown: June 21, 11am-1pm
- Meridian Dairy Days: June 21-24
- El Korah Shrine Circus 2023: June 23-25
- Made for This Kids Camp: June 27-29
Festivals and Events
Take your shot at a cherry pie eating contest at the Emmett Cherry Festival or grab your spurs and wax up your mustache for a rootin’ tootin’ good time at the western-themed Wild West Brewfest!
If wings are your thing, you won’t want to pass up the chance to attend the 20th anniversary Wing-Off!
- Adjustapalooza 2023: June 2, 5pm-9pm
- 41st Annual Greek Food Festival: June 2-3
- Snake River Raptor Fest: June 3, 12pm-5pm
- Brewshed Festival 2023: June 3, 4pm
- Gun Show: June 3-4
- TKO World Premier Reining: June 5-11
- Tuesdays on the Creek & Farm to Fork Market: June 6, 5pm
- Bohemian Poppy and Butterfly Festival: June 10, 10:30am-5:30pm
- Tuesdays on the Creek & Farm to Fork Market: June 13, 5pm
- Emmett Cherry Festival: June 13-16
- 20th Anniversary Wing-Off: June 17, 11am-4pm
- 2023 Cruisin’ Hidden Springs Car Show & Event: June 17, 10am-3pm
- Wild West Brewfest: June 17, 5pm-10pm
- Region 4 Arabian Horse Association: June 19-22
- Tuesdays on the Creek & Farm to Fork Market: June 20, 5pm
- Boise Music Festival: June 24 10am-10pm
- Tuesdays on the Creek & Farm to Fork Market: June 27, 5pm
- Mustang Mania Event TIP Challenge: June 30-July 2
Arts & Music
Downtown Boise’s free summer concert series on the Grove Plaza, Alive After 5, begins this month!
Don’t miss the Barenaked Ladies, Last Summer on Earth 2023 tour! Or enjoy an evening at the Botanical Gardens with Kelsea Ballerini!
- Idaho Shakespeare Festival – Little Shop of Horrors: May 26-June 8
- Elijah Rock “You Raise Me Up” Benefit Concert: June 1, 7pm
- Overtime & Crucifix: June 2, 8pm
- Whose Live Anyway?: June 3, 7:30pm
- Matchbox Twenty: June 4, 7:30pm
- Matisyahu: June 6, 8pm
- Prof, Juice Lord, Bayo, Willie Wonka: June 7, 8pm
- NB Ridaz: June 9, 8pm
- Jason Boland & The Stragglers, Jeremy McComb: June 11, 8pm
- Jump, Jam, & Jive Summer Concert Series – Bill Coffey & His Cash Money Cousins: June 13, 6pm
- Dirty Heads: June 14, 7pm
- OhGeesy: June 14, 8pm
- Barenaked Ladies: June 15, 7pm
- Jake Owen: June 16, 6pm
- Annie Dirusso: June 16, 8pm
- Allen Stone, Brother Elsey: June 17, 8pm
- Benson Boone, Nicky Youre: June 18, 8pm
- Muscadine Bloodline, Nate Fredrick and the Wholesome Boys: June 19, 8pm
- Broadway in Boise – Aladdin: June 20-25
- Alive After 5: June 21, 5pm
- The Lone Bellow Trio: June 21, 8pm
- Locals Nite at the Knit – Dissonance + More: June 22, 7pm
- Grandson: June 22, 10pm
- Concierto De Estrellas: June 23, 7pm
- G-Rex, Altrnt, Brochoa: June 23, 8pm
- An Evening with Fleetwood Mask: June 24, 7:30pm
- Moe: June 26, 8pm
- Jump, Jam, & Jive Summer Concert Series – Emily Tipton Band: June 13, 6pm
- Alive After 5: June 28, 5pm
- Kelsea Ballerini, Georgia Webster: June 28, 7pm
- Emo Nite: June 30, 9pm
June is the perfect month to take your training outdoors! Not too hot, and no longer cold… Athletes from across the country will come together to raise funds to support the adaptive community at the Treasure Valley Triathlon!
- Walk For Wishes Boise: June 2, 5pm
- Saint Alphonsus Capitol Classic Kids Run: June 3, 10am
- Run for Dunn: June 4, 10:30am
- Run The Race for Refugees and The World: June 10, 8am
- Access To Justice Fund Run: June 10, 10am
- Treasure Valley Triathlon: June 17-18
- Pink and Blue Fun Run and Festival: June 17, 9am
As we welcome June, we welcome everything summer brings. Whether it’s watching the sunset while listening to live music, spending the day at your favorite vineyard, or enjoying a warm afternoon indulging in your local Farmer’s Market goodies– your next Idaho adventure is waiting to be discovered!
“What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.”