We’re finally in the summer season and the number of events and activities to be enjoyed in the beautiful sunshine are limitless. Fireworks stands have opened up around the valley and plans are being made for fun 4th of July celebrations. As we all enjoy the wonderful summer months here in the Treasure Valley, be sure to take advantage of the many concerts, outdoor movie nights, and festivals lined up in our area over the next couple weeks.
The summer season and all of the events and activities in the next few months are definitely worth getting excited about! Our neighbors and communities have been hard at work organizing events like a kids triathlon, horse shows, auto shows, cornhole tournaments… even a taco & margarita festival!
We’ve compiled an exciting list full of fun things to do here in the Boise, Nampa, Eagle, and Meridian areas this month, so if you’ve been waiting for a reason to get out and explore, now you have almost 80!
These events are just some of the things that make Idaho a great place to live.If you find yourself looking to move in the near future and have questions about the best options for your new home, give our team a call at 208.278.4300.
We’ve spent the past 30 years helping people make smooth transitions into new homes or even starting a new life here in Idaho after relocation from another state. Whether buying or selling, we can help you achieve your real estate goals.
Curious about what houses are selling for these days? Browse all the current real estate listings in your area here.
Alright, here’s to falling even more in love with The Gem State! Follow the links below to book your tickets and make sure to refer to the event pages for all the most accurate details.
4th of July – Independence Day Celebrations
Who doesn’t love some creative red, white and blue flag-themed desserts? We can smell the backyard barbecues firing up from here. Let’s give America an incredible “Happy Birthday” celebration and show our patriotism under the lights of these 8 fireworks displays, all happening right around sundown on July 4th.
- Fourth of July Fireworks Celebration: July 4
- Meridian City Independence Day: July 4
- Stinker Sinclair Firecracker 50 & Fireworks: July 4
- Caldwell 4th of July Passion for Patriotism: July 4
- Broken Road Ranch 4th of July Celebration: July 4
- Star Hometown Celebration: July 4
- Middleton 4th of July Celebration: July 4
- McCall 4th of July Celebration: July 4
It is lawful to sell and use “Safe and Sane Fireworks” in the city of Boise, beginning June 23 until midnight July 5. For more information about the use of fireworks in our area, please visit the KTVB website here.
For all the parents out there rapidly searching for ways to keep their kids entertained, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Jot a few of these events down on your calendar and give yourself some leverage when it’s time to have yet another “eat your vegetables” conversation.
- Sparklight Movie Night – The Addams Family: July 1
- Red, White and Zoo: July 2, 9 AM – 5 PM
- Sparklight Movie Night – The Secret Life of Pets 2: July 8
- Eagle Fun Days: July 8-9
- Sparklight Movie Night – Scoob: July 15
- Snooze at the Zoo Overnight: July 16, 6:30 PM
- Courageous Kids Climbing: July 17, 2 PM
- Sparklight Movie Night – Cars: July 22
- Sparklight Movie Night – Space Jam A New Legacy: July 29
Festivals and Events
If William Cowper was right about variety being the spice of life, then somebody needs to call Guy Fieri to come manage all the flavors we have swirling around here in Boise. The lineups this month feature all kinds of markets, festivals, shows, tastings, comedy events, and even a rodeo!
- Boise Farmers Market: Saturdays 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Meridian Main Street Market: Saturdays 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Mustang Mania: July 1-3
- Geico Motorfest: July 2
- SRRSCCA AutoCross: July 2-3
- GEM State NRCHA Show: July 7-10
- Christmas in July Fair: July 9, 10 AM – 3 PM
- Eagle Fun Days Car Show: July 9, 10 AM
- Orchid Care Class: July 9, 1PM
- Sip Idaho 2022 – Liquor Tasting Festival!: July 9, 5 PM
- Rocky Mountain Oyster Feed: July 9, 5 PM – 10 PM
- Bloom – A Reading Series: July 11, 6PM
- Zoo’s Line is it anyway?: July 13, 6:30 PM
- Wine Safari: July 14, 5:30 PM
- Vintage Market Days of South Idaho: July 14-16
- Boise Hempfest 2022: July 16 10 AM – 10 PM
- 208 Tattoo Fest: July 15 – 17
- Snake River Stampede Rodeo: July 19-22
- Hummingbirds with Heidi Ware: July 20, 6 PM
- Taco & Margarita Festival 2022: July 23, 4 PM
- Goddess Fest 2022: July 23-24
- Konnexion Music Festival: July 29 – 31
Arts & Music
If you enjoy listening to new music genres, get ready to sing and dance your heart out! We have an incredible list of artists and actors ready to “wow” you with the sweet bliss of these magical summer performances.
- Idaho Shakespeare Festival – Ain’t Misbehavin’: July 1-9
- Alive After Five – The Suffers: July 6, 5 PM
- Girl Named Tom, Jesse Blake Rundle: July 6, 8 PM
- Great Garden Escape – Hillfolk Noir: July 7, 6 PM
- Slightly Stoopid: July 8, 6 PM
- ZOSO – The Ultimate Led Zeppelin Experience: July 8, 8 PM
- Brit Floyd – World Tour 2022: July 9, 8 PM
- Floater, Ghostbox: July 9, 8 PM
- Chase Atlantic: July 10, 8 PM
- The Avett Brothers: July 12, 7 PM
- The Lumineers: July 12, 7 PM
- Khruangbin: July 13, 7 PM
- Great Garden Escape – Smokey Brights w/ Nick Delffs: July 14, 6 PM
- Idaho Shakespeare Festival – Romeo and Juliet: July 15-30
- Goo Goo Dolls: July 15, 7pm
- Dooble: July 15, 8 PM
- Rainbow Kitten Surprise: July 15, 7 PM
- Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls: July 17, 6:30 PM
- Josh A – The Live Show Experience: July 17, 8 PM
- Paul Cauthen, Charles Wesley Godwin: July 19, 8 PM
- Alive After Five – Deep Sea Diver: July 20, 5 PM
- Great Garden Escape – Scott Pemberton O Theory: July 21, 6 PM
- Charli XCX – Crash the Live Tour 2022: July 23, 8 PM
- The Masked Singer National Tour 2022: July 24, 7:30 PM
- Caamp with Future Birds: July 26, 7:30 PM
- Alive After Five – Wavves: July 27, 5 PM
- Kenny Chesney: July 27, 7:30 PM
- Great Garden Escape – Jackie Venson w/ Charlie & The Changelings: July 28, 6 PM
- Dispatch and O.A.R.: July 28, 7 PM
- C.S. Lewis’ The Great Divorce: July 30, 4 PM
- Emo Nite: July 30, 9 PM
Sticking to a fitness plan become mundane, but these fun activities should make it much easier to dig your running shoes out from that forgotten corner of the closet. Who knows, you might even make a couple new friends along the way!
- Yoga in the Yard: Mondays and Wednesdays, 7 AM – 8 AM
- Bubble RUN: July 9, 6 AM
- Fun Days Run: July 9, 8 AM
- Twilight Criterium Kids Ride: July 9, 11 AM
- WalkAbout Boise: July 9, 10 AM
- EFD Cornhole Tournament: July 9, 3 PM
- Kids Triathlon: July 16, 7:30 AM
- WalkAbout Boise: July 16, 10 AM
- Run Wild at Zoo Boise: July 23, 8 AM
It’s Time To Get Moving!
Convinced that Boise and the Treasure Valley area is where you need to be? Check out these current home listings! Our website allows you to easily browse every house, ranch, townhome and piece of land available on the market near Boise. But this new superpower isn’t even the best part!
Many other real estate companies require your contact information to search for properties. They restrict images or force feed you with pop ups asking for your email address so they can email you constantly.
Thankfully, we’re different.
At the Mike Brown Group, all our agents believe the home buying journey takes time and you don’t want to be rushed, which means when you’re ready, we’re ready.
On our website, you can browse every listing and see every picture without ever having to provide your contact information! Whether you’re interested in buying or selling property, we can guide you and help you make informed decisions in all of your real estate endeavors.
If you’re ready to take next steps and explore your options for a new home near Boise, give our team a call at 208.278.4300.