April showers bring May flowers, but that’s not all April will bring! Even though Easter may be this month’s main event, you can take the midnight train to see Journey. And that’s just one of the many events you don’t want to miss!
How about heading to a bourbon bash with hundreds of rare and premium whiskeys to taste! Or check out a comic con celebrating all kinds of fandoms with an entertaining lineup of guest appearances.
An eggstravaganza, marathons, and a pet expo are just a few more of the long list of experiences to try!
Eggs, eggs, and more eggs! You can hunt for eggs, run for eggs, or have an egg painted on your face!
Hunt for eggs by flashlight, on the Blue, or at the Zoo! Take pictures with a famous bunny, or make an Easter charcuterie board– make the day eggstra special for your peeps!
- Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt: April 7, 9pm
- Easter Egg Hunt on the Blue: April 8, 10am
- CapitalCommunity Egg Hunt: April 8, 10am
- Community Easter Egg Hunt: April 8, 10am
- Easter Egg Hunt: April 8, 10am
- Easter EGGstravaganza at Zoo Boise: April 8, 10am
- Easter 5K & Egg Hunt: April 8, 11am
- Easter Workshop: April 8, 11am
- Spring Eggstravaganza: April 8, 11am
- Star Chamber Easter Eggstravaganza: April 8, 12pm
Idaho Talent Fest – Don’t miss this year’s Idaho Talent Fest, featuring a variety of performance acts. Hosted by radio duo Rick and Carly from 96.1 BOB FM, watch finalists perform on stage and compete for awards and cash prizes. The Idaho Talent Fest is presented by the FSHD Society and Aesthetic Eye, P.C.. All proceeds benefit those suffering from FSH Muscular Dystrophy.
Idaho Pet Expo – A pet-friendly event for you and your furry friends! This pet celebration offers pet adoption, pet food samples, petting zoos, and an appearance by nationally recognized animal expert, biologist, and television personality, Corbin Maxey!
Celebration of the Young Child – National Week of the Young Child will be celebrated with events connecting families and communities!
- Moppet Togs Children’s Consignment Sale: April 1-2, 9am
- Week of the Young Child: April 1-7
- Summertime Show n’ Shine Car Show: April 2, 12pm
- Idaho Pet Expo: April 15, 10am
- Celebration of the Young Child: April 15, 11am
- Idaho Talent Fest: April 29, 7:30 pm
The infamous race to Robie is set for April 15th! If you aren’t already registered, you can put on your cheerleading hat and cheer on the racers as they run the toughest half marathon in the Northwest! If you were hoping to race but are stuck on the waiting list for Robie Creek, find your cadence in the Boise River Marathon + Half Marathon!
- ICMS Spring Fun Run: April 1, 10:30am
- TVTMA Fun Run: April 1, 8am
- Easter 5K & Egg Hunt: April 8, 11am
- New Skater Program: April 9, 11am
- Strade Vino – A Gravel Circuit Race: April 2 & April 16, 11am
- Race to Robie Creek: April 15, 12pm
- Healthy Kids Running Series Spring 2023: April 16-May 14
- Festivus Games: April 22
- Boise River Marathon / Half Marathon: April 22, 7am
- PanCAN PurpleStride: April 29, 11:30am
Festivals & Events
From bull riders to barrel racers, horse shows, and a horse expo, April is packed with all things equestrian.
Catch an indoor football game or connect to the outdoors through the experience of the Les Bois Film Festival.
Saddle up and enjoy April’s events and festivals!
- Gem State Comic Con 2023: April 1-2, 10am
- Idaho Horsemen Game 1: April 2, 5pm
- Professional Bull Riders: April 7-8, 7:45pm
- Idaho Horse Expo: April 7-9, 7:30am
- Les Bois Film Festival: April 8, 1:30pm
- State Horse Show: April 14-16, 8:00am
- Boise Saddle & Jump: April 14-16, 8am
- 4th Annual Bourbon Bash and Bubbly: April 15, 4pm
- Idaho Horsemen Game 2: April 15, 7pm
- Idaho Horsemen Game 3: April 20, 7pm
- ZOOLaLa – Adult Zoo Evening: April 21, 5pm
- Shade City Brewfest: April 21-22, 5:00pm
- Idaho Barrel Futurity: April 27-30, 8:00am
- Mall Car Show: April 29, 4:00pm
Arts & Music
Vanessa Carlton is bringing her Future Pain Tour to the Visual Arts Collective. If tropical is your vibe, Reggaeton Night at the Knitting Factory may be your cure for the winter blues.
Put on your cowboy boots and join Kane Brown and Dustin Lynch at the Idaho Ford Center, or find your comedic relief from the 2nd place winner of season 10 of America’s Got Talent, Drew Lynch!
And we can’t forget the legendary rock band Journey is coming! You won’t want to miss their 50th Anniversary Freedom Tour!
- Boise Philharmonic – Altered Landscape: April 1, 7:30pm
- Drew Lynch: April 1, 6:30pm
- Sabrina Carpenter: April 2, 8pm
- Girl Named Tom: April 4, 8pm
- Vanessa Carlton: April 6, 7pm
- Michigander, Abby Holliday: April 6, 8pm
- Paul Wall & Lil Flip: April 7, 7pm
- Macbeth: April 7-22
- Jimmy Failla: April 8, 8pm
- Snow tha Product: April 10, 8pm
- Magic Giant, Mobley: April 11, 8pm
- Joanne Shaw Taylor: April 11, 8pm
- Kayzo, Ray Volpe, Automate: April 12, 8pm
- Dizzy Wright: April 13, 8pm
- Journey – Freedom Tour 2023 with very special guest TOTO: April 14, 7:30pm
- Readings & Conversations with Ruth Ozeki: April 14, 7:30pm
- Reggaeton Night: April 14, 9pm
- Noel Miller: April 16, 8pm
- Demon Hunter: April 17, 8:30pm
- Tennis Pollen : April 18, 8pm
- Strawberry Girls, Body Thief, Standards, Tang: April 20, 7pm
- Pretty Woman – The Musical: April 20-23
- El Mega Eventazo: April 21, 8pm
- Goose Spring Tour: April 21, 8pm
- Kane Brown: April 23, 7pm
- Warren Zeiders, Bryan Martin: April 23, 8pm
- Nothing More, Crown the Empire, Thousand Below: April 25, 7pm
- The California Honeydrops: April 25, 8pm
- Elton Dan & The Rocket Band – A Tribute To The Great Elton John: April 25, 8pm
- The Kid Laroi: April 26, 8pm
- Hippie Sabotage: April 28, 8pm
- Gimme Gimme Disco: April 28, 8:30pm
Without a doubt April will be a month to remember! Whether you’re hoping to enjoy a good concert or looking for a reason to train for a half marathon – don’t worry, be hoppy! This month’s lineup doesn’t fall short of places to go, entertainment to experience, and reasons to celebrate!