Pumpkin Spice + Fall Nights
October in Idaho is known for its glorious fall colors, crisp air, and spooky activities that celebrate the season’s moody vibe. As the leaves transition from summer green to shades of red and gold, the Gem State also transitions to cornfield adventures and cozy firepit nights. Whether you’re a lover of the great outdoors, a food enthusiast, or a newbie to the pumpkin patch scene, there are a ton of October Activities to make the most of the fall season!
If you are craving a spooky bar crawl, get ready to explore the city’s most thrilling and spirited venues available at the Boise Halloweekend Bar Crawl. Every participating location will transform into a sanctuary of Halloween festivities, adorned with Halloween decorations, enchanting drink specials, and hauntingly pleasant surprises. Satisfy your cravings with uniquely brewed concoctions, horrifyingly tasty creations, and mysterious mixtures!
Have a spooktacular time at the Boo-Fest, where you’ll enjoy all things Halloween, from costumes to candy and more!
- Boo-Fest: October 21, 9am-3pm
- Trick or Drink- Boise Halloween Bar Crawl: October 27-31
- Halloween Bar Crawl: October 27, 4pm
- Boise Halloweekend Bar Crawl: October 27, 4pm-10pm
- Boise Official Halloween Bar Crawl: October 28, 4pm-10pm
- YMCA Halloween Run: October 28, 4:30pm
- BSU Orchestra Spook-Tacular: October 29, 7:30pm
- Trunk-or-Treat 2023: October 31, 6pm
Halloween wouldn’t be Halloween without a haunted house, and lucky for you, Idaho has haunted houses that scare even the bravest of souls!
Located in Downtown Caldwell, Requiem Haunted House is over 13,000 square feet of terror! Enter at your own risk, but just know once you enter the century-old building, you will never be the same!
Pumpkin Patches / Corn Mazes
Pumpkin patches and corn mazes are just better together! But whether you are on the search for the perfect pumpkin or planning a fall family activity– there are plenty of patches and mazes to choose from.
From Cinderella’s to Blue Dolls, you will find a variety of pumpkins for your front porch at Crossbar Two Produce.
Pick pumpkins and get lost in Idaho’s original corn maze at Lowe Family Farmstead!
The event you’ve been waiting for! Celebrate two of your favorite things in your favorite month- dogs and beer! Dress up your favorite pup and enjoy the Oktoberfest-themed celebration! Savor some of the best seasonal brews and let your best friend run through the splash pads!
- Disney on Ice presents Into the Magic: September 28-October 1
- Dogtoberfest: October 7, 1pm-5pm
- Disney Encanto – The Sing-along Film Concert: October 8, 2pm
- 208 Toys Fandom Faire: October 21-22
- Monster Jam: October 27-29
Festivals & Events
Everything you could possibly want to bring fall into your home is under one roof at the Canyon County Fall Home Show!
For the last nine years, Boise Brewing has held the Hoptober Freshtival in front of their brewery, bringing beer lovers and hop farmers together. Join in on the celebration and enjoy over 70 fresh hop and seasonal beers from 35+ local to regional craft breweries.
- Oktoberfest Volkswagen Cruise-in BBQ: October 1, 12pm-4pm
- Fortune Feimster: October 1, 7pm
- Girls Day Out: October 6-7
- Canyon County Fall Home Show: October 6-8
- Idaho Senior Lifestyle Expo: October 7, 9am-3pm
- Barbarian Brewing Barrel Aged Beer Fest: October 7, 2pm-7pm
- ICCKC Dog Show: October 13-15
- Hoptober Freshtival: October 14, 12pm-8pm
- Treasure Valley Flea Market: October 21-22
- Show Me Reptile & Exotics Show: October 21-22
- Boise Fall Home Show: October 27-29
- Idaho Reined Cowhorse Association: October 28-31
Even with the weather turning colder, there are still plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors while staying active! Walk or run for a cause or trick out your costume and treat yourself to a ghoulish run at the YMCA’s Halloween Run!
- SueB 5k and 3k Scavenger Hunt: October 1, 11am-2pm
- Walk to Defeat ALS Boise: October 7, 10am
- 7th Annual Boise, ID Run for Resilience Ostomy 5K: October 7, 12pm
- Sharon’s Ride.Run.Walk. 2023: October 13, 5pm
- City of Trees Marathon: October 14, 8am
- YMCA Halloween Run: October 28, 4:30pm
Arts & Music
Now is your chance to relive your 80’s childhood– Guns N’ Roses is coming to the Ford Center!!
Don’t miss your opportunity to see the legendary Adam Sandler– he’s bringing his “The I Missed You Tour” to Nampa!
From Macklemore to Godsmack, Derek Hough’s Symphony of Dance, and Dwight Yoakam– country or comedy, the lineup of events in October is endless!
- San Holo: October 1, 9pm
- Steel Panther: October 2, 8pm
- Jesse Cook – The Libre Tour: October 3, 7:30pm
- Bad Religion: October 3, 8pm
- Emarosa: October 3, 8pm
- Godsmack: October 4, 7pm
- Sueco: October 4, 8pm
- The Chats: October 5, 7pm
- Intocable: October 5, 8pm
- Motionless In White: October 6, 7pm
- Derek Hough- Symphony of Dance: October 6, 7pm
- Shane Smith: October 6, 8pm
- The Gaslight Anthem: October 7, 7:30pm
- Lil Tracy: October 8, 8pm
- Rumours of Fleetwood Mac: October 10, 8pm
- The Mountain Goats: October 10, 8pm
- Cannibal Corpse: October 11, 6:30pm
- Brett Young: October 12, 7pm
- Macklemore: October 12, 8pm
- Polyphia: October 12, 8pm
- Lost Girl: October 12-22
- Alice in Chains: October 13, 7:30pm
- Tool: October 14, 8pm
- Adam Sandler: October 15, 7:30pm
- Bowling for Soup: October 15, 8pm
- Marc E. Bassy: October 16, 8pm
- Herb Alpert and Lani Hall: October 17, 7:30pm
- Molly Tuttle: October 17, 8pm
- Apashe: October 19, 8pm
- Dwight Yoakam: October 20, 7pm
- The Garden: October 21, 8pm
- Guns N’ Roses: October 22, 6:30pm
- Ne Obliviscaris: October 25, 7:30pm
- Mersiv: October 26, 8pm
- Ballet Idaho – The Gathering Dark: October 26-28
- Tee Grizzley: October 27, 8pm
- Big Bubble Rave: October 27, 9pm
Whether you want to spend a beautiful fall day strolling through a pumpkin patch or get your heart racing to tiptoe your way through a haunted house, the month of October offers something for all of the senses. From the colorful foliage and savoring seasonal craft beers, we are reminded of how wonderful Idaho is in this new season. Before the last leaves fall and the snow begins to fly, make the most of the opportunities to make lifelong memories with all of this month’s activities and experiences!